Who doesn’t love pizza?! Pizza is the universal party food, comfort food, and when all else fails, dinner option. At Franco’s Pizza, in Buffalo, NY, we pride ourselves on the creation of our pizza. Hours upon hours of hard work was put in to create the perfect recipe for you and your family to enjoy. There are decades of history that have made pizza what it is today. Here are some of our favorite facts!
- In 1987 it was decided that October is national pizza month in the US
- On average, Americans eat about 100 acres of pizza per day. That is equivalent to 350 slices of pizza per second
- About 3 billion pizzas are sold each year in America
- Hawaiian pizza was first discovered in Canada
- The first pizzeria opened in 1905 in New York City
If we chose to list all the facts about pizza, we wouldn’t have time to continue creating Buffalo’s best pizza (plus we specialize in pizza, not history!) So call us today to place your order.