At its core, pizza consists of three things: dough, sauce, and toppings. Throughout the years, this simple dish has transformed to include hundreds of variations and multiple different “styles.” The most popular and well-known styles include:
- The Original Neapolitan – thin crust, minimal toppings, wood-fired
- California Style – thin crust with unusual and uncommon ingredients, fresh toppings
- Chicago Deep Dish – deep crust that is thin to medium thickness, thick layer of toppings
- Chicago Thin Crust – crispy and crunchy crust, normally cut into squares, spicy sauce, large amount of meat
- Detroit Style – square pizza, caramelized crunchy edges, deep-dish crust, marinara sauce
- New England Greek Style – thick and crunchy golden crust, topped with typical Greek ingredients
- New York Thin Crust – modification of the Original Neapolitan style, thin and crunchy crust that is soft on the inside, perfect balance of thin tomato sauce and cheese, usually sold by the slice
- St. Louis Style – thin cracker-like crust, topped with Provel cheese
- New Jersey Style – known as the tomato pie, cheese and toppings are placed under the sauce
- Franco’s Pizza! – Franco’s style pizza isn’t actually a national favorite, but it definitely is a local one!
Customers throughout Kenmore, Tonawanda, Amherst, and Buffalo, NY love Franco’s pizza! The perfect crust, the delicious sauce, and the freshest toppings combine to create a pizza experience you will never forget. Call one of our convenient locations today to place your order! Not a fan of the phone? We offer pizza online ordering options as well!